12 – 24 JANUARY 2009
Following on from the very successful one week video art workshop in 2008, CCA,Lagos is pleased to present the second part of its Video Art Workshop programme LINHA IMAGINARIA (Imaginary Line), developed in collaboration with Angolan Artist Miguel Petchkovsky.
The two week workshop will be led by three international artists working in the area of Video Art; Miguel Petchkovsky (Angola),Goddy Leye (Cameroon), Eustaquio Neves (Brazil).
The workshop aims to:
- Provide artists with a good grasp of the concepts of Video Art within contemporary artistic practice
- Provide the technical ability to incorporate and create works of Video Art
- To create project based on experimentation of the video image on the classic forms of art like painting, sculpture, music and theatre
- To introduce new elements like performance. Installation, photography and sound projects
Workshop content includes:
- Screening of artists videos from around the world
- Talks and presentations by the workshop artist
- Introduction to different video art approaches
- Development of participants own ideas, storyboard, visual concept etc
- Implementation of ideas and editing of individual works
- Screening of Video Art works to a public audience
- Receipt of DVD of the workshop, a CD of individual work/s
Dates: Monday 12th – Saturday 24th January 2009, 9am- 6pm
Venue: Centre for Contemporary Art, Lagos, 9 McEwen Street, Sabo, Yaba, lagos
Workshop Level: All Levels
Target Audience: Artists. Experience and/or interest in the visual arts preferable. Emphasis is on talent, motivation and a keen interest in experimenting in new forms of artistic production.
Fee: N10,000 non-refundable.
For more information call Oyinda on 07055680104 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The workshop has been funded by the Mondriaan Foundation.